The University at Buffalo School of Law welcomes applications for part-time adjunct professor positions at the graduate and undergraduate level. As the only law school in the State University of New York (SUNY) system, the School of Law has a long tradition of leadership and excellence in interdisciplinary studies, public service, and innovative scholarship, teaching, and clinical education. Our adjunct faculty roster includes several current and former judges and other leading members of the Western New York bar.
We seek similarly accomplished judges and attorneys who have demonstrated expertise in the subjects they wish to teach and are committed to providing quality educational experiences to our students.
Essential duties include:
- Developing a syllabus and assessing student performance against learning outcomes;
- Providing students with appropriate materials and expertise in the assigned subjects;
- Contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative learning environment;
- Ensuring that students receive prompt and productive feedback concerning their work; and
- Attending adjunct faculty meetings in the fall and spring semesters.
This is a pooled posting, and positions are filled on an as needed basis.
- J.D. or equivalent degree.
- Two or more years of professional legal experience.
- A demonstrated history of successful teaching at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- A record of engagement with the School of Law.
- One or more advanced degrees in addition to the J.D.
- A judicial clerkship, judicial staff attorney, or similar experience.
- Supervisory experience in a legal practice setting.
FTE As needed
Campus As Assigned
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe any applicable teaching experience in higher education.
- Hiring is contingent on course availability, funding, and course enrollment.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact’s Name Jennifer Reitano
Contact’s Title Administrative Assistant
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-2093