- Full time, fixed term for 12 months
- Exciting research focused fellowship opportunity with the University of Sydney Law School and the Julius Stone Institute of Jurisprudence
- Base Salary $98,645 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Julius Stone Postdoctoral Fellow in Jurisprudence will apply and develop their expertise in conducting research in legal theory, broadly understood, to further the research agenda of the Julius Stone Institute of Jurisprudence and the University of Sydney Law School. The Fellow will conduct research under the supervision of the Director of the Institute, either independently or with members of the Institute.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- conduct research in legal theory under the supervision of the Director of the Julius Stone Institute, either independently or as part of a research team
- participate in the activities of the Julius Stone Institute
- contribute to a positive workplace culture in which diversity of thought, collaboration, excellence, and achieving outcomes are valued and enabled
- informally provide mentoring and guidance to students and Higher Degree Research candidates, where appropriate.
- a completed PhD in a relevant field at the commencement of employment
- ability to conduct high-quality original research in legal theory, broadly understood
- ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a collegial research culture
- well-developed oral and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, including at seminars and conferences
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
Closing date for applications
11:59PM, Monday 30 May 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply Julius-Stone-Postdoctoral-Fellow-in-Jurisprudence
© The University of Sydney