Search for University Jobs in Law
Assistant Director, Academic Bar and Exam Success Program & Assistant Professor
University of San Francisco
Assistant Director, Academic and Bar Exam Success Program & Assistant Professor
The Assistant Director of the Academic & Bar Exam Success (ABES) Program & Assistant Professor serves all School of Law students providing academic tutoring, teaching, counseling, and support for success in law school and in preparation for taking the California Bar Exam. The Assistant Director, in partnership with the Director of ABES, will assist with the development and implementation of the overall vision and strategy of the ABES Program. The Assistant Director co-develops materials for skills building, works with students individually toward success, teaches workshops to small and large groups, and manages and oversees the work of tutors and graders. The Assistant Director is responsible for staying abreast of changes to the California Bar Exam and of innovative teaching/tutoring techniques to ensure that the ABES Program consistently delivers relevant, high-quality support.
Full Job Description:
- Trains and supervises instructors, graders, and tutors with an eye toward accuracy and consistency
- Develops materials, teaches, and supports classes, Bar Pass Boot Camps, tutorial sessions, and other academic success sessions as needed, and trains others on conducting these sessions
- Provides group and one-on-one academic support counseling to students
- Grades student practice Bar Exams and provides appropriate feedback, and trains other Program support staff on grading and feedback
- Keeps abreast of any changes and development related to the California Bar Exam and adapts the Program as required to respond to those changes
- Keeps abreast of developments in academic support techniques, and adapts the Program as required to ensure that students are receiving appropriate, meaningful, and relevant services
- Works with the Program Director and the Administration to oversee the overall Program Budget and works with the Dean to conduct budget strategy, forecasting, and big picture budget management and resource allocation
- Identifies and recruits tutors, graders, and other support staff
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- JD degree required
- Candidate must have successfully passed the California Bar Exam
- Experience in CA Bar Exam grading (Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in CA Bar Exam tutoring (Preferred)
- Experience in and/or demonstrated aptitude for providing academic support in a higher education setting
- Strong analytic writing and reading comprehension skills
- Experience in and/or potential to succeed in teaching to small and large groups
- Ability to demonstrate measurable success in improving student performance
- Ability to track and use student metrics and data to drive decision-making and program improvements
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word and Excel required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage subordinates and partner with peers and high-level administrators
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Professional academic office and classroom settings. Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds to transport teaching materials.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Full-Time_Faculty/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Assistant-Director--Academic-Bar-and-Exam-Support-Program---Assistant-Professor_R0001572-2.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |