Established in 2016, the Centre for Law and Development (CLD) is a research centre based out of the College of Law, Qatar University (Doha, Qatar). The CLD aims to support the efforts of the State of Qatar to achieve the goals contained in Qatar Vision 2030. It is committed to engaging with government, industry and stakeholders to deliver law and policy research outcomes through high impact publications and reports, deliver on research grant funded projects in cutting-edge legal fields, and organise roundtable discussions and other research events. The Executive Legal Training Programme (ELT) delivers on legal training needs of stakeholders.
Website: cld.qu.edu.qa http://cld.qu.edu.qa
1. Assists with academic research in general.
2. Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts.
3. Meets regularly with supervisor to discuss research assignments.
4. Prepares literature reviews, gathers, and analyzes data.
5. Helps prepare materials for submission to agencies and foundations that fund research.
6. Manages and replies to project-related correspondence.
7. Engages in community service related to the center.
8. Manage and coordinate deliverables of ELT programme
9. Report achievements and progress to Centre Director
10. Stakeholder engagement
11. Performs other duties as assigned by supervising instructor.
1. Minimum of Masters degree or JD in law or relevant discipline.
2. Preference for candidate fluent in Arabic and English
3. Strong communication skills.
4. A creative thinker and a proactive problem solver
5. IT literacy
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
4. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
5. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.