Senior Lecturer-Business Law & Taxation
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers. Learn more about working with Monash and what is Ancora Imparo.
A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a department, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
The role contributes primarily to teaching of Income Tax Law and Business Law and Taxation-related units at undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct competitive industry-focused research. An academic at this level is expected to have experience in teaching and leading the Business Law and Taxation-related modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The appointee with industry experience and network is greatly appreciated.
Reporting Line: The position reports to the Head of Department, Business Law and Taxation .
- Contribute to curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum
- Develop and deliver innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Conduct high quality research, maintaining an active record of publication and building a profile of grants and PhD student supervision
- Support the development and implementation of a research strategy for the Department and School, consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University
- Participate in collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
- Support the management of education, research and/or administration in the School through, for example, participation in committees
- Lead taxation law-related teaching, research and engagement initiatives at the Department and School levels.
Key Selection Criteria
- A doctoral qualification (PhD) or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience in the development of curriculum content
- A strong record of teaching which demonstrates a commitment to educational innovation.
- An excellent research record, with a strong trajectory in publications, grants and PhD/Masters/Honours supervision
- Experience in working with partners in universities, government and/or civil society
- Demonstrated skills and experience in collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to lead taxation law-related teaching, research and engagement initiatives at the Department and School levels.
Your application must address the selection criteria. For instructions on how to apply, please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
For further enquiries please email us at Buvaana.Sugumaran@monash.edu.
Senior Lecturer -Business Law Taxation
*For LinkedIn Users, please click apply to view the position description at our career site
Job No.: 492742
School: School of Business
Location: Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Classification: Level C
Monash University Malaysia reserves the right to delay or not to proceed with an appointment for the above-mentioned position.
31 October 1:55 pm MYT