The Centre for Maritime Law (CML) at the Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore is inviting applications from suitable candidate(s), who are at the beginning of their professional careers, to conduct research and participate in CML’s work.
The duties associated with the position(s) are as follows:
1. The successful applicant will be in residence throughout the term of his or her appointment, subject to the normal NUS terms as to annual leave.
2. Depending on experience, the successful applicant is expected to develop his or her own research agenda, including undertaking research projects on maritime law, leading to publication in English-language refereed journals, during his or her term of appointment. The successful applicant’s proposed research agenda will include writing working papers for publication in the CML Working Paper Series (https://law.nus.edu.sg/cml/publications/).
3. The successful applicant is required to present his or her research and participate in and contribute to CML’s in-house and external seminars.
4. The successful applicant is expected to assist in CML’s research projects and initiatives, including the CML CMI Database, Judicial Decisions on International Conventions (https://www.cmlcmidatabase.org/).
5. A successful applicant appointed as Research Assistant will act as research assistant to the Director of CML.