Directs and oversees operations and strategic planning of education functions including (but not limited to) the SJ Quinney College of Law’s Masters of Legal Studies, CoL online learning initiatives including credentialing and pathway to MLS matriculation, development of curriculum and/or content for classes, lectures, conferences, and other education materials specific to academic, continuing education, and/or international education programs.
Supports the University of Utah’s and CoL’s goals and mission.
Acts as a catalyst and team builder between CoL departments, University departments, faculty, staff, students, and external entities to ensure continuity and quality of service.
University of Utah Job ID PRN22595B – 00096 – College of Law – Dean
COMPENSATION: $60,700 to $101,649
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 hours per week, Day
1. Directs the development and implementation of education objectives that are comprehensive, appropriate, and consistent with the University of Utah’s and SJ Quinney College of Law’s goals and objectives through enhancement of the Exceptional Student Experience.
2. Will oversee the MLS program and form the CoL’s credentialing and certification programs working with the appropriate University departments and oversight.
3. Ensures all activities and requirements regarding education/certification programs are met. Will ensure new programs are properly vetted through all necessary accreditation.
4. Provides strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
5. Develops strategies consistent with the University of Utah’s continuous quality improvement program.
6. Oversees all aspects of staff resource management including recruitment and retention of assigned staff.
7. Forecasts staffing, capital and operating budget needs in evaluating and reporting on market sensitivity, financial analysis, space utilization review, staff performance evaluation, etc.
8. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
9. Oversees the analysis and determination of appropriate staff mix to support customer needs.
10. Ensures competency of management/supervisory staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through on-going staff performance evaluation.
11. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
12. Participates in CoL and university-wide committees to establish customer service and administrative plans and policies.
13. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships
Incumbents in this position have the authority to manage assigned units and designated programs and services. They are responsible for ensuring that diverse patient/customer, family and community issues affecting customer/patient service and care are resolved. Directs the planning and administration of the unit’s budget and makes spending decisions within budget guidelines. Oversees program development for assigned units and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related area, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Eight years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communications skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Juris Doctorate degree.
TO APPLY, VISIT: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/100971
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.