POSITION Dean, College of Law
DEPARTMENT College of Law
SCHOOL College of Science and Human Studies
REPORTS TO Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
Technological progress and scientific discoveries have made economic activity mostly knowledge-based and have accelerated growth. It is only possible to meet all the challenges thus imposed, through decisions that are mainly based on research and studies that take into consideration the problems but also anticipate future trends and global expectations. Decision makers are in dire need for research and in-depth and artificial intelligence that produce enlightened recommendations and help make the most suitable choices, while avoiding risks and overcoming challenges.
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, and with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for the position of Dean of the College of Law.
The Dean of the College of Law is a highly ranked scholar who will oversee the College’s activities and operations within the organization. The Dean will:
- Provide leadership and vision to the College’s administration, academic programs, curriculum development, and faculty and staff development. By so doing, he contributes to the University’s overall planning and development.
- Provide leadership and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning and faculty and staff recruitment, development, and evaluation; excellence in teaching, creative activity, research, and scholarship; university and community relations; curricular and fiscal management; enrollment and marketing planning, student recruitment and retention; program review; and accreditation.
- Be responsible for keeping the appropriate records for program assessment and for ensuring that the college follows relevant accreditation standards.
- Display outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to drive development of staff and further strengthening of the College’s capability across research, training, and especially engagement with industry and the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility for leading the College with vision, creativity and excellence.
- Provide collaborative and collegial leadership for the College.
- Design and implement the academic plan as it relates to the College of Law.
- Supervise the management, development, and evaluation of curriculum for the College.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate full-time and adjunct department faculty and support staff with the help of the department chairs,.
- Promote and foster professional development activities related to academic leadership, classroom instruction, instructional technology, and support staff development.
- Develop and implement departmental budget and planning documents.
- Work with department chairs to coordinates student program activities.
- Ensure the vitality, currency, and academic excellence of the College’s programs.
- Collaborate with the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, other Deans and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
- Oversee the overall assessment program and for ensuring that relevant accreditation standards are followed and maintained
- Other duties assigned by PMU Management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
Suitable candidates should have earned a Ph.D. in Law or a related discipline from an accredited institution. Should have a record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship and University teaching experience complemented by an appropriate scholarly record.
Suitable candidates must have demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility, either in a professional or academic setting, including experience in administering an organization through scheduling, supervision, and evaluation.
Suitable candidates should have experience in the supervision and management of budgets and expenditures, strategic planning, academic program development, fiscal and academic planning, resource management, program development and problem solving in similar organizations.
Suitable candidates should have Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to articulate and advocate for the needs of the College.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated record of planning and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
- Experience managing research projects or research laboratories.
- Enthusiasm, responsibility, and team-building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who may be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on our job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
- Please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
Note: In the event if any error occurred during the online application submission, please forward your application materials to the email IDs below and specify clearly in the email subject line the position applied for and the name of the website.
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.