Dean of Law
College of Science and Human Studies
Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
The Dean of the College of Law provides leadership and vision to the College's administration, academic programs, curriculum development, and faculty and staff development. By so doing, he contributes to the University's overall planning and development. The Dean provides leadership and advocacy for strategic and budgetary planning and faculty and staff recruitment, development, and evaluation; excellence in teaching, creative activity, research, and scholarship; university and community relations; curricular and fiscal management; enrollment and marketing planning, student recruitment and retention; program review; and accreditation. The Dean is also responsible for keeping the appropriate records for program assessment and for ensuring that the college follows relevant accreditation standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for leading the College with vision, creativity and excellence.
- Provides collaborative and collegiate leadership for the College.
- Designs and implements the academic plan as it relates to the College of Law.
- Supervises the management, development, and evaluation of curriculum for the College.
- With the help of the department chairs, recruits, supervises, and evaluates full-time and adjunct department faculty and support staff.
- Promotes and fosters professional development activities related to academic leadership, classroom instruction, instructional technology, and support staff development.
- Develops and implements departmental budget and planning documents.
- Works with department chairs to coordinates student program activities.
- Ensures the vitality, currency, and academic excellence of the College's programs.
- Collaborates with the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, other Deans and PMU administrative officers to achieve the objectives of the University.
- Oversees the overall assessment program and for ensuring that relevant accreditation standards are followed and maintained.
The Dean of the College of Law reports directly to the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs.
Span of Control:
The Dean of the College of Law oversees all aspects of the College's operation and has direct supervisory responsibility for the Chairs and Associate Chairs in the relevant departments.
Benefits and Conditions:
- An earned Doctorate in Law or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
- University teaching experience complemented by an appropriate scholarly record.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility, either in a professional or academic setting, including experience in administering an organization through scheduling, supervision, and evaluation.
- Experience in the supervision and management of budgets and expenditures.
- Experience in strategic planning, academic program development, fiscal and academic planning, resource management, program development and problem solving in similar organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to articulate and advocate for the needs of the College.
- Administrative experience that includes academic planning, program review, strategic planning, program development, budgeting, and fiscal/personnel management.
PMU offers an income tax free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12 month salary, summer vacation, accommodation, annual round trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, assistance with school fees for children and end of contract bonus.
These positions are exciting opportunity for faculty to experience the state-of-the-art facilities and learning-centered environment. Also, PMU offers an opportunity to experience the life and culture of the Middle East.
We are looking for creative, experienced and qualified applicants who will identify with the mission of the University.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send application materials, via email, clearly stating the position applied for, to:
Global Engagement Department:
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno
CC: ( firstname.lastname@example.org
For direct application online, please visit our PMU website by clicking the link below and look for HR - "Apply Online".