The University at Buffalo School of Law welcomes applications for part-time adjunct professor positions at the graduate and undergraduate level. As the only law school in the State University of New York (SUNY) system, the School of Law has a long tradition of leadership and excellence in interdisciplinary studies, public service, and innovative scholarship, teaching, and clinical education. Our adjunct faculty roster includes several current and former judges and other leading members of the Western New York bar.
We seek similarly accomplished judges and attorneys who have demonstrated expertise in the subjects they wish to teach and are committed to providing quality educational experiences to our students.
Essential duties include:
- Developing a syllabus and assessing student performance against learning outcomes;
- Providing students with appropriate materials and expertise in the assigned subjects;
- Contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative learning environment;
- Ensuring that students receive prompt and productive feedback concerning their work; and
- Attending adjunct faculty meetings in the fall and spring semesters.
This is a pooled posting, and positions are filled on an as needed basis.