Search for University Jobs in Law
Adjunct Associate Professor, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Applied Science, Business and Technology, the Adjunct Associate Professor of Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies teaches organized classes primarily in the Law discipline; the primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in the assigned discipline.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instruct courses in Law in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting, equipment and supply purchases and tracking, and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Any bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional experience; OR any associate's degree and six (6) years of professional experience
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses in Law, Paralegal Studies, and/or Legal Assisting, such as, but not limited to, theoretical concepts and practical skills needed for paralegal/legal assistant employment and related law and/or paralegal/legal assistant studies courses pursuant to the guidelines of the American Bar Association Standing Committee for the approval of paralegal programs;
- Experience and willingness to assist with mock trial team courses, coaching, training, critiquing, team and volunteer recruiting and retention, event planning and preparation, marketing, scheduling, rehearsals, competitions, rule and law interpretation and explanation, fundraising, traveling, and related activities.
- Current experience as an attorney and/or paralegal/legal assistant or working with paralegal/legal assistants in fields of law related to courses and programs offered by the college.
- Computer literacy in legal software, on-line legal research tools, legal technology, and application programs.
- CORE Registered Paralegal, PACE Registered Paralegal, Certified Paralegal (CP), Certified Legal Assistant (CLA), Professional Paralegal (PP), American Alliance Certified Paralegal (AACP), Legal Nurse Consultant Certified (LNCC), and/or Certified Legal Manager certification.
- Current training in the paralegal or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment, including the use of multimedia hardware and software and on-line instructional techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for discipline specific courses and/or programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Experience and willingness to assist in the evaluation of course materials, placement testing and general promotion of the Paralegal/Legal Assistant Studies program.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching online and other distance education courses.
- Earned Master's or Doctorate, especially a J.D., L.L.B., or L.L.M. degree.
- Knowledge/experience in the field of law and/or legal assisting (paralegal studies), especially teaching experience.
- Demonstrated exemplary teaching practices in law, legal assisting (paralegal studies), and/or mock trial.
- Possession of certificate from an ABA approved paralegal (legal assisting) program.
- Active member of the State Bar of California in good standing.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 55.34
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 84.29
- External Opening Date: Mar 22, 2021
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The Districts prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |