The incumbent is responsible for administrative operations and activities associated with the Law School’s Office of Records, Registration and Financial Aid. Working closely with and reporting to the Assistant Dean for Academic Planning and Operations, the Records, Registration and Financial Aid office is a dynamic team that is customer service and deadline focused. The Registrar will need to be a self-starter with high attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The Registrar works closely with students, faculty, and staff at the School of Law, but also collaborates with other administrators in central UB offices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform and oversee daily activities related to operations within the Records, Registration, Financial Aid Office. Including, but is not limited to, student registration, Exams (mid-terms & finals), conferring degrees and bar exam results, monitor student eligibility, scheduling classroom assignments, ad-hoc data requests
- In consultation with Student Affairs and Academic Planning, perform strategic evaluation of the schedule, calendar of events, and utilizes various university systems to plan and schedule all law courses
- Develop relationships with university Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar, and Accommodations to assist with student demand and special requests.
- Serve as the Law School expert on Financial Aid and troubleshoot student tuition issues.
- Works with students and faculty via in-person meetings, video meetings, phone, and email.
- Serve on the School of Law’s Committees
- Create documentation of existing and new processes and maintain training resources as updates are implemented.
- Undertake special projects and responsibilities as needed by the Asst. Dean for Academic Planning and Operations
About The University at Buffalo School of Law
Offering a JD with nine optional concentrations, three LLM degree programs, a JSD degree, and dual degree options, the University at Buffalo School of Law has the distinction of being a part of a premier research-intensive public university and is a member of the Association of American Universities. UB School of Law is the only law school in the State University of New York system, offering its 400+ students an interdisciplinary approach to legal education. The School’s clinical and advocacy programs provide students with the skills needed to practice law in the most prominent law firms and public interest settings across the nation and around the world. Also having a Bachelors in Law and Minor in Law.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required and two years of related experience in a relevant setting.
· Strong project management and organizational skills, including ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous projects, and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate ability to work with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and locations.
· MA, JD, or other graduate degree.
· Experience in a higher education institution, particularly graduate or law student-related recruitment.
· Experience working with student records, registration, financial aid, or student services
· Knowledge of ExamSoft, EMS, AcademicWorks, HUB, Perceptive Content, ScheduleIT!
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications