Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 2016, the Centre for Law and Development (CLD) is a research centre based out of the College of Law, Qatar University (Doha, Qatar). The CLD aims to support the efforts of the State of Qatar to achieve the goals contained in Qatar Vision 2030. It is committed to engaging with government, industry and stakeholders to deliver law and policy research outcomes through high impact publications and reports, deliver on research grant funded projects in cutting-edge legal fields, and organise roundtable discussions and other research events. The Executive Legal Training Programme (ELT) delivers on legal training needs of stakeholders.
1. 12-month Research Assistant on grant project: data privacy law in Qatar
2. Academic research and publishing
3. Preparation of grant proposals
4. Editing and preparation of manuscripts
Job is based in Doha and will be sponsored.
1. Minimum of Masters degree or JD in law.
2. 1-3 years’ experience in legal research
3. Fluent in English language.
4. Publication in experience in SCOPUS journals
4. Strong communication skills.
5. A creative thinker, self-starter and a proactive problem solver
6. IT literacy